Welcome to Blachly ...
Blachly is located in Lane County<1>.
Blachly is 720 feet [219 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Blachly lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Area codes for Blachly: (541) & (458)<3>
The ZIP code for Blachly: 97412<4>
Communities near Blachly ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Blachly.
- Junction City (16 miles [25.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Junction City
- Junction City lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Blachly and is located in Lane County
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,211 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Junction City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Junction City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Junction City<7>
- Veneta (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veneta
- Veneta lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Blachly and is located in Lane County
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,076 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veneta have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veneta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Veneta<7>
- Harrisburg (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrisburg
- Harrisburg lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the east of Blachly and is located in Linn County
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,917 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrisburg have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrisburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harrisburg<7>
- Monroe (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monroe
- Monroe lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Blachly and is located in Benton County
- Population from the 2020 Census: 657 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monroe<7>
- Noti (10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- Franklin (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Franklin
- Franklin lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the east of Blachly and is located in Lane County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin
- Walton (11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Cheshire (12 miles [19.3 km] to the east)
- Deadwood (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Elmira (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Blachly. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Blachly.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Blachly. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Blachly.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Blachly. See our Newspapers Page for Blachly.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Blachly ...
Looking for more information about Blachly? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Blachly, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Blachly.
Adding Blachly to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Blachly in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Blachly was on a map titled Auto Trails Map - Washington and Oregon (from Rand McNally, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Blachly on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Blachly
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Oregon
About Lane County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Blachly. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lane County: www.lanecounty.org/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Lane, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Blachly - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Blachly). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Blachly or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Blachly) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blachly. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlachlyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blachly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1948, Longitude: -123.5352 |
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|