Welcome to Waterloo ...
When the people of Waterloo refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Waterlooan<1>
Time Zone: Waterloo lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Waterloo: (519) and (226)<2>
Websites for Waterloo ...
Official Website: www.city.waterloo.on.ca/
Communities Also Named Waterloo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 58 communities that are also named Waterloo - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, British Columbia, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (3), Iowa, Kansas (3), Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Maryland (3), Michigan, Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska (2), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio (6), Oklahoma, Ontario (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania (3), Quebec, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (2), Virginia (5), Washington (2), West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Waterloo.
Communities near Waterloo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Waterloo.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Waterloo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centreville
- Centreville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Waterloo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centreville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erbsville
- Erbsville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Waterloo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Erbsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erbsville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- German Mills - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for German Mills
- German Mills was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Waterloo
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for German Mills. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Former names for German Mills:
- Bleam's Mills
- Hopewell Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mannheim
- Mannheim lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Waterloo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mannheim
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosendale
- Rosendale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Waterloo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosendale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosendale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bloomingdale
- Bloomingdale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Waterloo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bloomingdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomingdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Breslau
- Breslau lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Waterloo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Breslau came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Breslau
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Waterloo ...
Looking for more information about Waterloo? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Waterloo, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Waterloo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Waterloo: www.city.waterloo.on.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Waterloo refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Waterloo may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Waterloo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Waterloo. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Waterloo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Waterloo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4652, Longitude: -80.5223
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|