Welcome to Cambridge ...
The city of Cambridge is 950 feet [290 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Cambridge lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Cambridge: (519) and (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Cambridge: N1R<3>
Websites for Cambridge ...
Official Website: www.cambridge.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.cambridgechamber.com/
Communities Also Named Cambridge ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 43 communities that are also named Cambridge - they are located in Alabama, Georgia, Idaho (2), Illinois (2), Iowa (2), Kansas (2), Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (3), Nova Scotia, Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas (2), Vermont, Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cambridge.
Communities near Cambridge ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cambridge.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Cambridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brant
- Brant lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Cambridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brant
- Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurentian Hills
- Laurentian Hills lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Cambridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurentian Hills
- Barber's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barber's Beach
- Barber's Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Cambridge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barber's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blair
- Blair lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Cambridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blair came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blair
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Branchton
- Branchton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Cambridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Branchton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Branchton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Cambridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clyde came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cambridge ...
Looking for more information about Cambridge? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Cambridge, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Cambridge.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Cambridge: www.cambridge.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cambridge - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cambridge, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cambridge). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cambridge or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cambridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cambridge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cambridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cambridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3590, Longitude: -80.3135
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|