Welcome to Saint Christopher ...
Although we found mention of Saint Christopher during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Saint Christopher was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Saint Christopher to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Saint Christopher, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Saint Christopher: St. Christopher
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Saint Christopher might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities near Saint Christopher ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saint Christopher.
- Kawartha Lakes
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Saint Christopher
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Aldred's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldred's Beach
- Aldred's Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Saint Christopher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldred's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burton
- Burton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Christopher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadmus
- Cadmus lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Saint Christopher
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cadmus came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadmus
- Newman's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newman's Beach
- Newman's Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Christopher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newman's Beach
- Pine Point - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Point
- Pine Point was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Christopher
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valentia
- Valentia lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Saint Christopher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valentia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lotus
- Lotus lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Christopher
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lotus
- Scugog Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scugog Centre
- Scugog Centre lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Saint Christopher
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scugog Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scugog Centre
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saint Christopher ...
Looking for more information about Saint Christopher? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Saint Christopher, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Saint Christopher.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Saint Christopher and then turned west". While Saint Christopher could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Saint Christopher as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saint Christopher could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Christopher) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Christopher. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Christopher
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Christopher. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1831, Longitude: -78.7825
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|