Welcome to Cadmus ...
Although we found mention of Cadmus during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cadmus was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cadmus to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cadmus, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cadmus might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities Also Named Cadmus ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Cadmus - they are located in Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cadmus.
Communities near Cadmus ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cadmus.
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Cadmus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Burketon Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burketon Station
- Burketon Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Cadmus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burketon Station
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caesarea
- Caesarea lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Cadmus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caesarea
- Saint Christopher
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Christopher
- Saint Christopher lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Cadmus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Christopher came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Christopher
- Aldred's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aldred's Beach
- Aldred's Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Cadmus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aldred's Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ballyduff
- Ballyduff lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Cadmus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ballyduff
- Pine Point - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Point
- Pine Point was located 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Cadmus
- Purple Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Purple Hill
- Purple Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Cadmus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Purple Hill
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cadmus ...
Looking for more information about Cadmus? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cadmus, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cadmus.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cadmus and then turned east". While Cadmus could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cadmus as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cadmus could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cadmus) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cadmus. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cadmus
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cadmus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1200, Longitude: -78.7692
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|