Welcome to Burton ...
Time Zone: Burton lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area Codes for Burton: (289)<1>, (365) and (905)
The Canadian Postal Code for Burton: L0B<2>
Communities Also Named Burton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 34 communities that are also named Burton - they are located in Arizona, Arkansas, British Columbia, California, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana (2), Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan (2), Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Brunswick, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma (2), Ontario, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee (2), Texas, Utah, Washington (2), West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Burton.
Communities near Burton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Burton.
- Kawartha Lakes
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Burton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ballyduff
- Ballyduff lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Burton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ballyduff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackstock
- Blackstock lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Burton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackstock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackstock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Janetville
- Janetville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Burton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Janetville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Janetville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Janetville<4>
- Nestleton Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nestleton Station
- Nestleton Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Burton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nestleton Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nestleton Station
- Saint Christopher
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Christopher
- Saint Christopher lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Burton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Christopher came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Christopher
- Burketon Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burketon Station
- Burketon Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Burton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burketon Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Burton ...
Looking for more information about Burton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Burton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Burton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Of the area codes for Burton, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Burton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Burton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Burton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1275, Longitude: -78.7329
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|