Welcome to Freeport ...
Although we found mention of Freeport during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Freeport was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Freeport to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Freeport, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Freeport might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Freeport would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Freeport ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 25 communities that are also named Freeport - they are located in Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York (2), Nova Scotia, Ohio, Pennsylvania (2), Quebec, Texas (2), Virginia, Washington and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Freeport.
Communities near Freeport ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Freeport.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guelph
- Guelph lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Freeport.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Guelph came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guelph
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guelph<4>
- Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laurentian Hills
- Laurentian Hills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Freeport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laurentian Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hespeler
- Hespeler lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Freeport.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hespeler came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hespeler
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridgeport
- Bridgeport lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Freeport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgeport
- Forest Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Heights
- Forest Heights lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Freeport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosendale
- Rosendale lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Freeport.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosendale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosendale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Freeport ...
Looking for more information about Freeport? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Freeport, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Freeport.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Freeport and then turned west". While Freeport could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Freeport as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Freeport could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Freeport) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Freeport. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FreeportOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Freeport. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4203, Longitude: -80.4075 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|