Our Genealogy Helper for Frankford ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Frankford (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Frankford. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Frankford:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Frankford ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Frankford.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Frankford covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- Stockdale Cemetery
- Sine's Burying Ground
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sine's Burying Ground
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Sine's Burying Ground. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sine's Burying Ground
- Mt. Calvary Cemetery
- Sine Cemetery
- Wooler Friends Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wooler Friends Cemetery
- Wooler Friends Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Frankford.
- Wooler Friends Cemetery has also been known as:
- Wooler Friends Meetinghouse Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wooler Friends Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2324740<1>
- Continue List ...
- St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- The St. George Anglican Church Cemetery is located in Trenton.More accurately, St. George Anglican Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Frankford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. George Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. George's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. George's Cemetery
- The St. George's Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Trenton.More precisely, St. George's Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Frankford.
- St. George's Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. George's Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. George's Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2262283<1>
- Whites Cemetery
- Longwell's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Longwell's Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Longwell's Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Longwell's Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Frankford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longwell's Cemetery
- Hoards United Church Cemetery
- Stirling Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stirling Cemetery
- The Stirling Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Stirling.To be more precise, Stirling Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Frankford.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2335486<1>
- Hubble Hill Pioneer Cemetery
- Foxboro Cemetery
- Wellman's Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Frankford. See our List of 1890's Communities around Frankford.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Frankford ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Frankford.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
The Canada Directory for 1857-1858
Written by: Lovell, John
(Document found on Google Books)
Shell Oil Road Map for Ontario (1955)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Frankford. See our Misc Page for Frankford for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Frankford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Frankford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Frankford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FrankfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Frankford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2000, Longitude: -77.6000 |