Welcome to Trenton ...
While we don't have a date for the founding of Trenton, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated ?.
When the people of Trenton refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Trentonian<1>
Trenton is 260 feet [79 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Trenton lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Trenton: (613) and (343)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Trenton: K8V<4>
Communities Also Named Trenton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 40 communities that are also named Trenton - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida (2), Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (5), Kentucky, Louisiana (2), Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nova Scotia, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Trenton.
Communities near Trenton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Trenton.
- Quinte West
- Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Prince Edward lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the east of Trenton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Batawa
- Batawa lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the north of Trenton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Batawa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Batawa
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gardenville
- Gardenville lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Trenton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gardenville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardenville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smithfield
- Smithfield lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southwest of Trenton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smithfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victoria
- Victoria lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southeast of Trenton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Victoria
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frankford
- Frankford lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the north of Trenton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frankford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frankford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Frankford<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lovett
- Lovett lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Trenton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lovett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rednersville
- Rednersville lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the east of Trenton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rednersville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rednersville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Trenton ...
Looking for more information about Trenton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Trenton, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Trenton.
Adding Trenton to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Trenton was on a map titled Road Map for Ontario (from Shell Oil, 1955).
We also found Trenton mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Tables (October 1899).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Trenton.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Trenton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Trenton refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Trenton may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Trenton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Trenton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Trenton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Trenton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Trenton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Trenton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TrentonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Trenton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1049, Longitude: -77.5806 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|