Welcome to Enfield ...
Although we found mention of Enfield during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Enfield was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Enfield to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Enfield, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Enfield might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities Also Named Enfield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 18 communities that are also named Enfield - they are located in Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas (3), Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Enfield.
Communities near Enfield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Enfield.
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Enfield.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Enfield.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbus came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haydon
- Haydon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Enfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haydon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raglan
- Raglan lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Enfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raglan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Solina
- Solina lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Enfield.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Solina came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Solina
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackstock
- Blackstock lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Enfield.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackstock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackstock
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Enfield ...
Looking for more information about Enfield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Enfield, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Enfield.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Enfield and then turned east". While Enfield could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Enfield as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Enfield could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Enfield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Enfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EnfieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Enfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0200, Longitude: -78.8358 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|