Welcome to Deckers Hill ...
Although we found mention of Deckers Hill during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Deckers Hill was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Deckers Hill to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Deckers Hill, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Deckers Hill might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities near Deckers Hill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Deckers Hill.
- Richmond Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Deckers Hill.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richmond Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richmond Hill
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Richmond Hill<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Audley
- Audley lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Deckers Hill.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Audley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Former name for Audley:
- Brown's Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Audley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenwood
- Greenwood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Deckers Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenwood
- Pickering Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickering Beach
- Pickering Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Deckers Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickering Beach
- Rosebank Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebank Station
- Rosebank Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Deckers Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebank Station
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Deckers Hill ...
Looking for more information about Deckers Hill? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Deckers Hill, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Deckers Hill.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Deckers Hill and then turned west". While Deckers Hill could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Deckers Hill as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Deckers Hill could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Deckers Hill) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deckers Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8644, Longitude: -79.0811 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|