Communities Also Named Colinville ...
We have found one communities that share the name Colinville.
There is one other community in Ontario which is also named Colinville.
- Communities Located In Ontario ...
Curious and Interesting Names Near Colinville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Coronation Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coronation Park
- Coronation Park lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the north of Colinville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coronation Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coronation Park
- Fourth Line
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fourth Line
- Fourth Line lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Colinville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fourth Line came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fourth Line
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ladysmith
- Ladysmith lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Colinville.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ladysmith. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ladysmith
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucasville
- Lucasville lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Colinville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucasville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marthaville
- Marthaville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Colinville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marthaville
- Oil City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oil City
- Oil City lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Colinville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oil City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oil City
- South Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Park
- South Park lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Colinville.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Park
How Far From Colinville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Colinville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Colinville and extending to:
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 373 miles [600.3 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Colinville to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 22 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,938 miles [9,556.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,669 miles [10,732.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,548 miles [7,319.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Colinville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Colinville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ColinvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Colinville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.8622, Longitude: -82.3403 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Colinville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 310.943 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 307.508 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 305.644 degrees.||