Welcome to Colborne ...
Colborne is 400 feet [122 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Colborne lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area Codes for Colborne: (289)<2>, (365) & (905)
The Canadian Postal Code for Colborne: K0K<3>
Communities Also Named Colborne ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Colborne - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Colborne.
Communities near Colborne ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Colborne.
- Quinte West
- Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville First Nation
- Alderville First Nation lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Colborne.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alderville First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dundonald
- Dundonald lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Colborne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dundonald
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edville
- Edville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Colborne.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Edville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wicklow
- Wicklow lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Colborne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wicklow
- Greenleys Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenleys Corners
- Greenleys Corners lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Colborne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenleys Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vernonville
- Vernonville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Colborne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vernonville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Colborne ...
Looking for more information about Colborne? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Colborne, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Colborne.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Colborne. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Colborne - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Colborne, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Colborne, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Colborne). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Colborne or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Colborne) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Colborne. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ColborneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Colborne. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0051, Longitude: -77.8880 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|