Our Genealogy Helper for Centreton ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Centreton (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Centreton. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Centreton:
- Websites specific to Ontario
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Ontario
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Ontario
Cemeteries Near Centreton ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Centreton.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Centreton covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Centreton Cemetery
- Academy Hill Cemetery
- Baltimore Old Presbyterian Cemetery
- Bowmanton Cemetery
- Castleton Cemetery
- Alderville Cemetery
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- Centenary Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Centenary Cemetery
- Centenary Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Centreton.
- Centenary Cemetery has also been known as:
- Centenary / Thackeray's Church Cemetery
- Thackeray's Burying Ground
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centenary Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2334402<1>
- Bethesda North Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethesda North Cemetery
- The Bethesda North Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the west of Harwood.More accurately, Bethesda North Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest of Centreton.
- Bethesda North Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bethesda United Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethesda North Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2237336<1>
- Walker Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Walker Cemetery
- Walker Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Centreton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker Cemetery
- St. James Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. James Anglican Cemetery
- St. James Anglican Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Centreton.
- St. James Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. James Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. James Anglican Cemetery
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Union Cemetery
- Union Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Centreton.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union Cemetery
- Continue List (98 more) ...
- Cold Springs Congregational Church Cemetery
- Camborne United Church Cemetery
- Cobourg Union Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cobourg Union Cemetery
- The Cobourg Union Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Cobourg.To be more precise, Cobourg Union Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Centreton.
- Cobourg Union Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cobourg Union Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316519<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Centreton. See our List of 1890's Communities around Centreton.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Centreton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Centreton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Centreton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CentretonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Centreton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0842, Longitude: -78.0430 |
|<3>||To help visualize the location of the cemetery, we've drawn a straight line between the communities of Gores Landing and Centreton. The cemetery can be found near that line and roughly halfway between the two communities. Remember that this is just an approximate location.|