Welcome to Baltimore ...
When the people of Baltimore refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Baltimorean<1>
Time Zone: Baltimore lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area Codes for Baltimore: (289)<2>, (365) & (905)
The Canadian Postal Code for Baltimore: K9A<3>
Communities Also Named Baltimore ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 22 communities that are also named Baltimore - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Maryland, Michigan, New Brunswick, New York, North Carolina (2), Ohio (3), Tennessee and Vermont.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Baltimore.
Communities near Baltimore ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Baltimore.
- Port Hope
- Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderville First Nation
- Alderville First Nation lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Baltimore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alderville First Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alderville First Nation
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brookside
- Brookside lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookside
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cold Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cold Springs
- Cold Springs lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cold Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coverdale
- Coverdale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coverdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spicer
- Spicer lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spicer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plainville
- Plainville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plainville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centreton
- Centreton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Baltimore
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centreton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eddystone
- Eddystone lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Baltimore
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Eddystone. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eddystone
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Baltimore ...
Looking for more information about Baltimore? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Baltimore, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Baltimore.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Baltimore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Baltimore refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Baltimore may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Baltimore, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Baltimore, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Baltimore). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Baltimore or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Baltimore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Baltimore. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BaltimoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Baltimore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0224, Longitude: -78.1486 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|