Welcome to Brownsville Station ...
Although we found mention of Brownsville Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brownsville Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brownsville Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brownsville Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Brownsville Station: Brownsville Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brownsville Station might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Brownsville Station would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Brownsville Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brownsville Station.
- Saint Thomas
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tillsonburg
- Tillsonburg lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Brownsville Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tillsonburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tillsonburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tillsonburg<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ingersoll
- Ingersoll lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Brownsville Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ingersoll came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ingersoll
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ingersoll<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenridge
- Glenridge lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Brownsville Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenridge
- Mount Vernon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Vernon
- Mount Vernon lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Brownsville Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Vernon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westmount
- Westmount lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Brownsville Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westmount
- Dereham Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dereham Centre
- Dereham Centre lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Brownsville Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dereham Centre came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dereham Centre
- Mile Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mile Corner
- Mile Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Brownsville Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mile Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mile Corner
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brownsville Station ...
Looking for more information about Brownsville Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brownsville Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brownsville Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Brownsville Station and then turned east". While Brownsville Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brownsville Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brownsville Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brownsville Station) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brownsville Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.8556, Longitude: -80.8372
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|