Welcome to Woodstock ...
The city of Woodstock is 980 feet [299 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Woodstock lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for Woodstock: (519) & (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Codes for Woodstock: N4S, N4T, N4V<3>
Websites for Woodstock ...
Official Website: www.city.woodstock.on.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.woodstockchamber.on.ca/
Communities Also Named Woodstock ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 41 communities that are also named Woodstock - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia (2), Illinois, Indiana (2), Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York (2), Newfoundland and Labrador (2), North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina (2), Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia (4) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Woodstock.
Communities near Woodstock ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Woodstock.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tillsonburg
- Tillsonburg lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Woodstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tillsonburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tillsonburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tillsonburg<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Curries
- Curries lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Woodstock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Curries
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eastwood
- Eastwood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Woodstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eastwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eastwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golspie
- Golspie lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Woodstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Golspie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golspie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sweaburg
- Sweaburg lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Woodstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sweaburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sweaburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beachville
- Beachville lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Woodstock
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beachville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huntingford
- Huntingford lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Woodstock
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Huntingford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huntingford
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Woodstock ...
Looking for more information about Woodstock? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Woodstock, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Woodstock.
Adding Woodstock to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Woodstock was
We also found Woodstock on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Ontario (1955).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Woodstock on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Woodstock: www.city.woodstock.on.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Woodstock - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Woodstock, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Woodstock). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Woodstock or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woodstock) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woodstock. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WoodstockOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woodstock. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.1315, Longitude: -80.7472 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|