Welcome to Beechmount ...
Although we found mention of Beechmount during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Beechmount was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Beechmount to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Beechmount, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Beechmount might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Beechmount, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Beechmount would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Beechmount ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Beechmount - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Beechmount.
Communities near Beechmount ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Beechmount.
- Bird's Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bird's Creek
- Bird's Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Beechmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bird's Creek
- Deer Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lake
- Deer Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Beechmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Highland Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highland Grove
- Highland Grove lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Beechmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highland Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paudash
- Paudash lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Beechmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paudash came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paudash
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maxwell
- Maxwell lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Beechmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maxwell
- Hickey Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hickey Settlement
- Hickey Settlement lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Beechmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hickey Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hickey Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bronson
- Bronson lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Beechmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bronson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hybla
- Hybla lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Beechmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hybla came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hybla
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Beechmount ...
Looking for more information about Beechmount? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Beechmount, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Beechmount.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Beechmount and then turned east". While Beechmount could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Beechmount as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Beechmount could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beechmount) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beechmount. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeechmountOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beechmount. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0664, Longitude: -77.9661 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|