Welcome to Hybla ...
Although we found mention of Hybla during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hybla was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hybla to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hybla, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hybla might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Hybla, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Hybla would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hybla ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Hybla - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hybla.
Communities near Hybla ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hybla.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maxwell
- Maxwell lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Hybla
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maxwell
- McAlpine Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McAlpine Corners
- McAlpine Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Hybla
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McAlpine Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Hybla
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Maynooth Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maynooth Station
- Maynooth Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Hybla
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maynooth Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maynooth Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vardy
- Vardy lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hybla
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vardy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vardy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughes
- Hughes lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Hybla
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hughes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughes
- Scott Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scott Settlement
- Scott Settlement lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Hybla
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scott Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bronson
- Bronson lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Hybla
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bronson
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hybla ...
Looking for more information about Hybla? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hybla, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hybla.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hybla and then turned east". While Hybla could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hybla as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hybla could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hybla) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hybla. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HyblaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hybla. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1642, Longitude: -77.8483 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|