Welcome to Hickey Settlement ...
Although we found mention of Hickey Settlement during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hickey Settlement was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hickey Settlement to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hickey Settlement, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hickey Settlement might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Note: If you travel south from Hickey Settlement, you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
We believe that Hickey Settlement would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hickey Settlement ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Hickey Settlement - they are located in New Brunswick and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hickey Settlement.
Communities near Hickey Settlement ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hickey Settlement.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughes
- Hughes lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hickey Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hughes came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughes
- McAlpine Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McAlpine Corners
- McAlpine Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Hickey Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McAlpine Corners
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Scott Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scott Settlement
- Scott Settlement lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hickey Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scott Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maxwell
- Maxwell lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hickey Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maxwell
- Maynooth Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maynooth Station
- Maynooth Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Hickey Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maynooth Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maynooth Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Musclow
- Musclow lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hickey Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Musclow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musclow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baptiste
- Baptiste lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Hickey Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baptiste came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baptiste
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenview
- Greenview lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Hickey Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenview
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hickey Settlement ...
Looking for more information about Hickey Settlement? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hickey Settlement, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hickey Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hickey Settlement and then turned west". While Hickey Settlement could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hickey Settlement as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hickey Settlement could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hickey Settlement) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hickey Settlement. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hickey SettlementOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hickey Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1639, Longitude: -77.9003 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|