Welcome to Arthurs Corners ...
Although we found mention of Arthurs Corners during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Arthurs Corners was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Arthurs Corners to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arthurs Corners, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Arthurs Corners: Arthurs Cors.
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Arthurs Corners for more information about variations on the name of Arthurs Corners.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Arthurs Corners might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Arthurs Corners would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Arthurs Corners ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arthurs Corners.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tillsonburg
- Tillsonburg lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Arthurs Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tillsonburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tillsonburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tillsonburg<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bookton
- Bookton lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Arthurs Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bookton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bookton
- Rocks Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocks Mills
- Rocks Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Arthurs Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocks Mills came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocks Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springford
- Springford lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Arthurs Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Courtland
- Courtland lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Arthurs Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Courtland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Courtland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Courtland<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arthurs Corners ...
Looking for more information about Arthurs Corners? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arthurs Corners, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arthurs Corners.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Arthurs Corners and then turned west". While Arthurs Corners could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Arthurs Corners as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Arthurs Corners could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arthurs Corners) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arthurs Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Arthurs CornersOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arthurs Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9042, Longitude: -80.5747 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|