Welcome to Halleck ...
So far, we have found very little information about Halleck. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Halleck to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Halleck, please Contact Us.
Halleck would have been located within present day Elko County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Halleck, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Halleck was established in 1873.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Halleck is 5,220 feet [1,591 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Halleck is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Halleck was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Halleck still existed, it would have been in the (775) area code.
Communities Also Named Halleck ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Halleck - they are located in Missouri and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Halleck.
Communities near Halleck ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Halleck.
- Elko [Elko County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elko
- Elko [Elko County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Halleck
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,452 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elko<6>
- Deeth [Elko County]
- Coin [Elko County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coin have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coin
- Coin [Elko County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the west of Halleck
- Lamoille [Elko County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Spring Creek [Elko County]
- Wood [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wood
- Wood [Elko County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the east of Halleck
- Hunter [Elko County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hunter have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hunter
- Hunter [Elko County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Halleck
- Wells [Elko County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wells
- Wells [Elko County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Halleck
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,252 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wells
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wells<6>
- Metropolis [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metropolis
- Metropolis [Elko County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Halleck
- Carlin [Elko County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Halleck. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Halleck.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Halleck. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Halleck.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Halleck. See our Newspapers Page for Halleck.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Nevada
About Elko County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Elko County: www.elkocountynv.net/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Halleck, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Elko, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Halleck - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Halleck) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Halleck. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Halleck
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Halleck. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9519, Longitude: -115.4531 In this case, the coordinates for Halleck have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|