Welcome to Fort Halleck ...
So far, we have found very little information about Fort Halleck. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Fort Halleck to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Fort Halleck, please Contact Us.
Fort Halleck would have been located within present day Elko County<2>.
A typical abbreviation for Fort Halleck: Ft. Halleck
Fort Halleck was founded in 1867.
Time Zone: The area where Fort Halleck was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Fort Halleck would have been located in the (775) area code.
Communities near Fort Halleck ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Fort Halleck.
- Elko [Elko County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elko
- Elko [Elko County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Fort Halleck
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,452 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elko
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elko<4>
- Deeth [Elko County]
- Coin [Elko County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coin have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coin
- Coin [Elko County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Fort Halleck
- Lamoille [Elko County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Spring Creek [Elko County]
- Wood [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wood
- Wood [Elko County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the east of Fort Halleck
- Hunter [Elko County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hunter have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hunter
- Hunter [Elko County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Fort Halleck
- Metropolis [Elko County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Metropolis
- Metropolis [Elko County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Fort Halleck
- Wells [Elko County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wells
- Wells [Elko County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Fort Halleck
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,252 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wells
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wells<4>
- Carlin [Elko County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlin
- Carlin [Elko County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Fort Halleck
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,277 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carlin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Carlin<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Fort Halleck. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Fort Halleck.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Fort Halleck. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fort Halleck.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Fort Halleck. See our Newspapers Page for Fort Halleck.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nevada
About Elko County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Elko County: www.elkocountynv.net/
The official website for State of Nevada: nv.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Fort Halleck, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nevada's counties, including Elko, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Halleck) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Halleck. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort Halleck
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Halleck. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.9563, Longitude: -115.4664
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|