Welcome to Viewmount ...
Although we found mention of Viewmount during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Viewmount was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Viewmount to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Viewmount, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Viewmount might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Viewmount would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Viewmount ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Viewmount.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Viewmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Base Line Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Base Line Road
- Base Line Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Viewmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Base Line Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Base Line Road
- Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick West
- Berwick West lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Viewmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick West
- Buckleys Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckleys Corner
- Buckleys Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Viewmount
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckleys Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harbourville
- Harbourville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Viewmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harbourville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harbourville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ogilvie
- Ogilvie lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Viewmount
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ogilvie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ogilvie
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Viewmount ...
Looking for more information about Viewmount? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Viewmount, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Viewmount.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Viewmount and then turned west". While Viewmount could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Viewmount as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Viewmount could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Viewmount) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Viewmount. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Viewmount
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Viewmount. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0861, Longitude: -64.8044
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|