Welcome to Harbourville ...
Although we found mention of Harbourville during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Harbourville was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Harbourville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Harbourville, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Harbourville might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Harbourville would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Harbourville: B0P<2>
Adding Harbourville to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Harbourville: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Harbourville on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Harbourville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Harbourville - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Harbourville.
Communities near Harbourville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Harbourville.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garland
- Garland lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garland
- Victoria Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victoria Harbour
- Victoria Harbour lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Victoria Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Victoria Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viewmount
- Viewmount lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viewmount came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viewmount
- West Black Rock Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Black Rock Road
- West Black Rock Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Black Rock Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Black Rock Road
- Whites Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whites Corner
- Whites Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Harbourville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whites Corner
- Aylesford Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aylesford Mountain
- Aylesford Mountain lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Harbourville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aylesford Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aylesford Mountain
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Harbourville ...
Looking for more information about Harbourville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Harbourville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Harbourville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Harbourville and then turned east". While Harbourville could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Harbourville as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Harbourville could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Harbourville, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Harbourville). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Harbourville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Harbourville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Harbourville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Harbourville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Harbourville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1508, Longitude: -64.8106
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|