Welcome to Aylesford ...
The village of Aylesford is 90 feet [27 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Aylesford lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Aylesford lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Aylesford: B0P<2>
Communities near Aylesford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aylesford.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Aylesford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick West
- Berwick West lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Aylesford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick West
- Green Acres
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green Acres
- Green Acres lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Aylesford
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Green Acres. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green Acres
- South Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Greenwood
- South Greenwood lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Aylesford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harmony
- Harmony lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Aylesford
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harmony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Harmony has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harmony
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viewmount
- Viewmount lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Aylesford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viewmount came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viewmount
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Windermere
- Windermere lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Aylesford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Windermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windermere
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aylesford ...
Looking for more information about Aylesford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Aylesford, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Aylesford.
Adding Aylesford to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Aylesford was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Aylesford on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aylesford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Aylesford - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Aylesford, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aylesford). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aylesford or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aylesford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aylesford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AylesfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aylesford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0294, Longitude: -64.8372 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|