Welcome to Kingston ...
When the people of Kingston refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Kingstonian<1>
Time Zone: Kingston lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Kingston lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Kingston: B0P<2>
Communities Also Named Kingston ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 56 communities that are also named Kingston - they are located in Alabama (3), Arkansas (2), California, Georgia (3), Idaho, Illinois (2), Indiana, Iowa (2), Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Maryland (2), Massachusetts (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada (2), New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia (2), Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kingston.
Communities near Kingston ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kingston.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Auburn
- Auburn lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Kingston
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Auburn
- Selfridge Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Selfridge Corner
- Selfridge Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Kingston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Selfridge Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Selfridge Corner
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harmony
- Harmony lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Kingston
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Harmony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Harmony has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harmony
- Torbrook East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torbrook East
- Torbrook East lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Kingston
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Torbrook East. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torbrook East
- Weltons Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weltons Corner
- Weltons Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Kingston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weltons Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weltons Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot
- Wilmot lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Kingston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot
- East Margaretsville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Margaretsville
- East Margaretsville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Kingston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Margaretsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Margaretsville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kingston ...
Looking for more information about Kingston? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Kingston, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Kingston.
Adding Kingston to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Kingston was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Kingston on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kingston. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Kingston refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a village's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Kingston may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Kingston, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Kingston). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Kingston or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kingston) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kingston. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KingstonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kingston. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9916, Longitude: -64.9394 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|