Welcome to Greenwood ...
The village of Greenwood is 90 feet [27 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Greenwood lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Greenwood lies within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Greenwood: B0P<2>
Communities Also Named Greenwood ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 120 communities that are also named Greenwood - they are located in Alabama (6), Arizona, Arkansas (3), British Columbia, California (5), Colorado (2), Delaware, Florida (2), Georgia (5), Idaho, Illinois (2), Indiana (4), Kansas (4), Kentucky (6), Louisiana (5), Maine (2), Maryland, Massachusetts (2), Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi (2), Missouri (3), Montana, Nebraska, New Brunswick, New York (2), North Carolina (3), Nova Scotia (2), Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Ontario (3), Pennsylvania (6), Rhode Island, South Carolina (3), South Dakota (2), Tennessee (8), Texas (5), Utah, Virginia (5), Washington (5), West Virginia (5) and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Greenwood.
Communities near Greenwood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Greenwood.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Auburn
- Auburn lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Greenwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Auburn
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torbrook
- Torbrook lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Greenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Torbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torbrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot
- Wilmot lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Greenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot
- Selfridge Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Selfridge Corner
- Selfridge Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Greenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Selfridge Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Selfridge Corner
- Weltons Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weltons Corner
- Weltons Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Greenwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weltons Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weltons Corner
- Dempsey Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dempsey Corners
- Dempsey Corners lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Greenwood
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Dempsey Corners. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dempsey Corners
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Greenwood ...
Looking for more information about Greenwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Greenwood, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Greenwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Greenwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Greenwood - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Greenwood, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Greenwood). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Greenwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Greenwood) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Greenwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Greenwood
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Greenwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9719, Longitude: -64.9343
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|