Welcome to Weed ...
Weed is located in Otero County<1>.
Weed is 7,040 feet [2,146 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Weed is about 1¼ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Weed lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Weed lies within the (575) area code.
The ZIP code for Weed: 88354<3>
Communities Also Named Weed ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two New Mexico communities named Weed: This one is located in Otero County and the other is located in Lincoln County.
Beyond New Mexico, there are 7 communities that are also named Weed - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Kentucky, Montana and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Weed.
Communities near Weed ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Weed.
- Cloudcroft [Otero County]
- Mayhill [Otero County]
- Hortonville [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hortonville
- Hortonville [Otero County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Weed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hortonville
- Pinon [Otero County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Timberon [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Timberon
- Timberon [Otero County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Weed
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Timberon have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timberon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Timberon<5>
- Sunspot [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunspot
- Sunspot [Otero County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Weed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunspot
- Dunken [Chaves County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunken
- Dunken [Chaves County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Weed
- Mountain Park [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park [Otero County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Weed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Park
- High Rolls [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Rolls
- High Rolls [Otero County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Weed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Rolls
- Alamogordo [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alamogordo
- Alamogordo [Otero County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Weed
- Population from the 2020 Census: 32,126 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alamogordo have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alamogordo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alamogordo<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Weed. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Weed.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Weed. See our Newspapers Page for Weed.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Weed ...
Looking for more information about Weed? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Weed, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Weed.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within New Mexico
About Otero County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Weed. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Otero County: www.co.otero.nm.us/
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Otero, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Weed - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Weed). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Weed or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Weed) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Weed. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WeedOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Weed. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8035, Longitude: -105.5171 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|