Census Data for Valle Escondido ...
As far as we can tell, Valle Escondido has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Valle Escondido, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Angel Fire [Colfax County]
- Taos [Taos County]
- Eagle Nest [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Nest
- Eagle Nest [Colfax County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Valle Escondido
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Nest have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Nest
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagle Nest<2>
- Taos Ski Valley [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taos Ski Valley
- Taos Ski Valley [Taos County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Valle Escondido
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taos Ski Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taos Ski Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taos Ski Valley<2>
- Red River [Taos County]
- Questa [Taos County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Questa
- Questa [Taos County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Valle Escondido
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Questa have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Questa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Questa<2>
- Cimarron [Colfax County]
Taos County ...
Valle Escondido is located in Taos County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Taos County.
Miscellaneous Information for Valle Escondido ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Taos County or the community of Valle Escondido:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Valle Escondido:
- GNIS ID for Valle Escondido: 912037
- GNIS ID for Taos County: 933056
- GNIS ID for State of New Mexico: 897535
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Valle Escondido is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Valle Escondido.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of New Mexico
About Taos County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Valle Escondido. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Valle Escondido) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Valle Escondido. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Valle EscondidoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Valle Escondido. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.3672, Longitude: -105.3815 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Taos, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|