Welcome to Sacramento ...
Sacramento is located in southeast New Mexico.
Sacramento is located in Otero County<1>.
When the people of Sacramento refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Sacramentan<2>
Sacramento is 7,280 feet [2,219 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Sacramento is about 1½ mile [or ~2¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Sacramento lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Sacramento lies within the (575) area code.
The ZIP code for Sacramento: 88347<4>
Communities Also Named Sacramento ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Sacramento - they are located in California, Colorado, Illinois (3), Kentucky, Nebraska and Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Sacramento.
Communities near Sacramento ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sacramento.
- Cloudcroft [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cloudcroft
- Cloudcroft [Otero County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Sacramento
- Population from the 2020 Census: 704 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cloudcroft
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cloudcroft<6>
- Hortonville [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hortonville
- Hortonville [Otero County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the north of Sacramento
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hortonville
- Mayhill [Otero County]
- Sunspot [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunspot
- Sunspot [Otero County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the west of Sacramento
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunspot
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Timberon [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Timberon
- Timberon [Otero County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Sacramento
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Timberon have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timberon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Timberon<6>
- Pinon [Otero County]
- Mountain Park [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park [Otero County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Sacramento
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Park
- High Rolls [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Rolls
- High Rolls [Otero County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northwest of Sacramento
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Rolls
- Dunken [Chaves County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunken
- Dunken [Chaves County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Sacramento
- Alamogordo [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alamogordo
- Alamogordo [Otero County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the west of Sacramento
- Population from the 2020 Census: 32,126 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alamogordo have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alamogordo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alamogordo<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Sacramento. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Sacramento.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Sacramento. See our Newspapers Page for Sacramento.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sacramento ...
Looking for more information about Sacramento? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Sacramento, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Sacramento.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within New Mexico
About Otero County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sacramento. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Otero County: www.co.otero.nm.us/
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Otero, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Sacramento refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Sacramento may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Sacramento - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Sacramento). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Sacramento or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sacramento) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sacramento. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SacramentoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sacramento. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7926, Longitude: -105.5601 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|