Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Paraje, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Paraje and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Paraje:
- 35.054961, -107.475583
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Paraje
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Paraje ...
We have found one communities that share the name Paraje.
There is one other community in New Mexico which is also named Paraje.
Beyond New Mexico.
- Communities Located In New Mexico ...
- Socorro County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the New Mexico community of Paraje [Socorro County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Paraje ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Alaska [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alaska
- Alaska [Cibola County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alaska have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alaska
- Budville [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Budville
- Budville [Cibola County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the west of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Budville have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Budville
- Casa Blanca [Cibola County]
- Crane Place [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane Place
- Crane Place [Cibola County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane Place have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane Place
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Eagle Nest [McKinley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Nest
- Eagle Nest [McKinley County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Nest have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Nest
- Grants [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grants
- Grants [Cibola County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Paraje
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,835 people
- Former name for Grants:
- Grants Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grants
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grants<4>
- Harrisburg [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrisburg
- Harrisburg [Cibola County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the west of Paraje
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrisburg
- Orchard Place [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orchard Place
- Orchard Place [Cibola County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Orchard Place have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orchard Place
How Far From Paraje to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Paraje to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Paraje and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Grants, which is the Seat of Cibola County and lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Paraje to Grants, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Santa Fe, which is the State Capital of New Mexico, lies 95 miles [152.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than two hours, a buggy would take three full days and walking would take 6 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,691 miles [2,721.4 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,218 miles [11,616.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,979 miles [12,841 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,899 miles [9,493.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in New Mexico
About Cibola County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Paraje. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Paraje, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Paraje) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Paraje. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParajeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Paraje. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0550, Longitude: -107.4756 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Paraje to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.854 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.12 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.678 degrees.||