Welcome to Paraje ...
Paraje is located in Cibola County<1>.
Paraje is 5,940 feet [1,811 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Paraje is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Paraje lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Paraje is within the boundaries of the (505) area code.
The ZIP code for Paraje: 87007<3>
Communities Also Named Paraje ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two New Mexico communities named Paraje: This one is located in Cibola County and the other is located in Socorro County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Paraje.
Communities near Paraje ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Paraje.
- Encinal [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Encinal
- Encinal [Cibola County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Paraje
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Encinal
- Laguna [Cibola County]
- North Acomita Village [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Acomita Village
- North Acomita Village [Cibola County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Acomita Village have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Acomita Village
- West Village [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Village
- West Village [Cibola County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Village have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Village
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Acomita Lake [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acomita Lake
- Acomita Lake [Cibola County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Acomita Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acomita Lake
- Paguate [Cibola County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paguate
- Paguate [Cibola County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Paraje
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paguate have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paguate
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paguate<5>
- San Fidel [Cibola County]
- Mesita [Cibola County]
- Seboyeta [Cibola County]
- Acoma Pueblo [Cibola County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Paraje. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Paraje.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Paraje. See our Newspapers Page for Paraje.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Paraje ...
Looking for more information about Paraje? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Paraje, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Paraje.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of New Mexico
About Cibola County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Paraje. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Cibola, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Paraje - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Paraje). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Paraje or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Paraje) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Paraje. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParajeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Paraje. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0550, Longitude: -107.4756 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|