Census Data for Luna ...
As far as we can tell, Luna has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Luna, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Reserve [Catron County]
- Eagar [Apache County]
- Springerville [Apache County]
Catron County ...
Luna is located in Catron County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Catron County.
Miscellaneous Information for Luna ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Catron County or the community of Luna:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Luna:
- GNIS ID for Luna: 908319
- GNIS ID for Catron County: 929108
- GNIS ID for State of New Mexico: 897535
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Luna is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Luna, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Luna. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Luna:87824<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Luna.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for New Mexico
About Catron County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luna. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Luna) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luna. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LunaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luna. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.8188, Longitude: -108.9564 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Catron, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Luna or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|