Welcome to La Luz ...
La Luz is located in Otero County<1>.
La Luz is 4,750 feet [1,448 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of La Luz is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: La Luz lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
La Luz is located in the (575) area code.
The ZIP code for La Luz: 88337<3>
Communities Also Named La Luz ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two New Mexico communities named La Luz: This one is located in Otero County and the other is located in Dona Ana County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for La Luz.
Communities near La Luz ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near La Luz.
- Alamogordo [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alamogordo
- Alamogordo [Otero County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of La Luz
- Population from the 2020 Census: 32,126 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alamogordo have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alamogordo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alamogordo<6>
- Tularosa [Otero County]
- Cloudcroft [Otero County]
- High Rolls [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for High Rolls
- High Rolls [Otero County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of La Luz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on High Rolls
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mountain Park [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park [Otero County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of La Luz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Park
- Boles Acres [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boles Acres
- Boles Acres [Otero County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of La Luz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boles Acres
- Bent [Otero County]
- Sunspot [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunspot
- Sunspot [Otero County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of La Luz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunspot
- Mescalero [Otero County]
- Hortonville [Otero County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hortonville
- Hortonville [Otero County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of La Luz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hortonville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around La Luz. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for La Luz.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around La Luz. See our Newspapers Page for La Luz.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for La Luz ...
Looking for more information about La Luz? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for La Luz, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for La Luz.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for New Mexico
About Otero County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for La Luz. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Otero County: www.co.otero.nm.us/
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Otero, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around La Luz - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as La Luz). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether La Luz or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- La Luz) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for La Luz. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from La LuzOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in La Luz. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.9793, Longitude: -105.9432 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|