Census Data for Garfield ...
As far as we can tell, Garfield has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Garfield, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Hatch (Dona Ana County)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatch
- Hatch lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Garfield and is located in Dona Ana County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hatch have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatch
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hatch<3>
- Williamsburg (Sierra County)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williamsburg
- Williamsburg lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Garfield and is located in Sierra County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Williamsburg have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williamsburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Williamsburg<3>
- Truth or Consequences (Sierra County)
- Elephant Butte (Sierra County)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elephant Butte
- Elephant Butte lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Garfield and is located in Sierra County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elephant Butte have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elephant Butte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elephant Butte<3>
- Las Cruces (Dona Ana County)
Dona Ana County ...
Garfield is located in Dona Ana County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Dona Ana County.
Miscellaneous Information for Garfield ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Dona Ana County or the community of Garfield:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Garfield:
- GNIS ID for Garfield: 920600
- GNIS ID for Dona Ana County: 929109
- GNIS ID for State of New Mexico: 897535
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Garfield is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Garfield, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Garfield. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Garfield:87936<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Garfield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Garfield
Find a Community located in New Mexico
About Dona Ana County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Garfield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Dona Ana County: www.co.dona-ana.nm.us/
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Garfield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Garfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GarfieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Garfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7571, Longitude: -107.2648 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Dona Ana, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Garfield or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|