Welcome to Wild Bight ...
Time Zone: Wild Bight lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Note: If you travel west from Wild Bight (for example, toward Blanc Sablon (QC)), you will leave Newfoundland Time and cross into the Atlantic Standard Time Zone (AST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Wild Bight is within the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Wild Bight: A0K<1>
Communities Also Named Wild Bight ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wild Bight.
Communities near Wild Bight ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Wild Bight.
- Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- Saint Lunaire - Griquet lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Wild Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- North Boat Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Boat Harbour
- North Boat Harbour lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Wild Bight
- North Boat Harbour has also been known as:
- Boat Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Boat Harbour
- Cape Onion
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ship Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ship Cove
- Ship Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Wild Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ship Cove
- Big Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Brook
- Big Brook lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Wild Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Brook
- Garden Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Cove
- Garden Cove was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Wild Bight
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- L'Anse aux Meadows
- Hay Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Cove
- Hay Cove lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Wild Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Straitsview
- Straitsview lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the east of Wild Bight
- Straitsview has also been known as:
- Spillars Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Straitsview
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wild Bight ...
Looking for more information about Wild Bight? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Wild Bight, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Wild Bight.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wild Bight. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Wild Bight, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Wild Bight). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Wild Bight or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wild Bight) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wild Bight. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wild BightOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wild Bight. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6075, Longitude: -55.8966 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|