Welcome to Cape Onion ...
Cape Onion is located on the northwest side of Newfoundland's Great Northern Peninsula.
Time Zone: Cape Onion lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
The telephone area code for Cape Onion: (709)
The Canadian Postal Code for Cape Onion: A0K<1>
Communities near Cape Onion ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cape Onion.
- Saint Anthony
- Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- Saint Lunaire - Griquet lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Cape Onion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Lunaire - Griquet
- Cooks Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooks Harbour
- Cooks Harbour lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the west of Cape Onion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooks Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Garden Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garden Cove
- Garden Cove was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Cape Onion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Garden Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Hay Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Cove
- Hay Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Cape Onion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Cove
- L'Anse aux Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Straitsview
- Straitsview lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Cape Onion
- Straitsview has also been known as:
- Spillars Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Straitsview
- Noddy Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Noddy Bay
- Noddy Bay lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Cape Onion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noddy Bay
- Gunners Cove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cape Onion ...
Looking for more information about Cape Onion? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Cape Onion, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Cape Onion.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cape Onion. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Cape Onion, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Cape Onion). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Cape Onion or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cape Onion) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cape Onion. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cape OnionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cape Onion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6097, Longitude: -55.6257 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|