Welcome to Summerville ...
Summerville is located on the east coast of Newfoundland (at Bonavista Bay).
Time Zone: Summerville lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Summerville is located in the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Summerville: A0C<1>
Communities Also Named Summerville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 35 communities that are also named Summerville - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California (2), Colorado, Florida, Georgia (3), Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana (2), Maryland, Michigan (2), Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New York, North Carolina, Nova Scotia (2), Ontario (3), Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, South Carolina (2), South Dakota, Texas and Vermont.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Summerville.
Communities near Summerville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Summerville.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Musgravetown
- Musgravetown lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Summerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Musgravetown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musgravetown
- Port Rexton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Happy Adventure
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Adventure
- Happy Adventure lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Summerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Adventure
- Plate Cove West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plate Cove West
- Plate Cove West lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Summerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plate Cove West came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plate Cove West
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plate Cove West<4>
- Plate Cove East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plate Cove East
- Plate Cove East lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Summerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plate Cove East came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plate Cove East
- King's Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for King's Cove
- King's Cove lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Summerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for King's Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on King's Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keels
- Keels lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Summerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keels came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keels
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Summerville ...
Looking for more information about Summerville? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Summerville, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Summerville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Summerville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Summerville, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Summerville). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Summerville or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Summerville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Summerville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SummervilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Summerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.4500, Longitude: -53.5500 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|