Welcome to Salvage ...
The coastal town of Salvage is located on the east coast of Newfoundland (at Bonavista Bay).
In the past, Salvage was named Bishops Harbour
Time Zone: Salvage lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
The telephone area code for Salvage: (709)
The Canadian Postal Code for Salvage: A0G<1>
Communities Also Named Salvage ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Salvage - it's located in Newfoundland and Labrador.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Salvage.
Communities near Salvage ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Salvage.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dover
- Dover lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Salvage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dover came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dover
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Happy Adventure
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Adventure
- Happy Adventure lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Salvage
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Adventure
- Plate Cove West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plate Cove West
- Plate Cove West lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Salvage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plate Cove West came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plate Cove West
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plate Cove West<3>
- Saint Brendan's
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Brendan's
- Saint Brendan's lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Salvage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Brendan's came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Former name for Saint Brendan's:
- Haywards Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Brendan's
- Plate Cove East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plate Cove East
- Plate Cove East lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Salvage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plate Cove East came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plate Cove East
- King's Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for King's Cove
- King's Cove lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Salvage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for King's Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on King's Cove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Salvage ...
Looking for more information about Salvage? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Salvage, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Salvage.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salvage. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Salvage). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Salvage or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Salvage) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salvage. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SalvageOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salvage. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6878, Longitude: -53.6463 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|