Welcome to Snug Harbour ...
Snug Harbour is located on the Atlantic coast of Labrador, at Martin Bay.
A typical abbreviation for Snug Harbour: Snug Hbr. (or less commonly used: Snug Harb. or Snug Hrbr.)
Snug Harbour is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Snug Harbour lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Note: If you travel south from Snug Harbour, you will soon leave Newfoundland Time and cross into the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT).
Snug Harbour lies within the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Snug Harbour: A0K<2>
Communities Also Named Snug Harbour ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Snug Harbour - they are located in Ontario (2) and Quebec.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Snug Harbour.
Communities near Snug Harbour ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Snug Harbour.
- Dead Islands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dead Islands
- Dead Islands lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dead Islands
- Venison Tickle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Venison Tickle
- Venison Tickle lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Snug Harbour
- Venison Tickle has also been known as:
- Venison Islands
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Venison Tickle
- Hawke Harbour - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hawke Harbour
- Hawke Harbour was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Snug Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Square Island Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Square Island Harbour
- Square Island Harbour lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Square Island Harbour
- Pinsents Arm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinsents Arm
- Pinsents Arm lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Pinsents Arm has also been known as:
- Pensons Arm
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinsents Arm
- Comfort Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comfort Bight
- Comfort Bight lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comfort Bight
- Georges Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georges Cove
- Georges Cove lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georges Cove
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Kings Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kings Cove
- Kings Cove lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the south of Snug Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kings Cove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Snug Harbour ...
Looking for more information about Snug Harbour? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Snug Harbour, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Snug Harbour.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Snug Harbour. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Snug Harbour - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Snug Harbour, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Snug Harbour). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Snug Harbour or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Snug Harbour) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Snug Harbour. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Snug HarbourOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Snug Harbour. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8922, Longitude: -55.8495 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|