Welcome to L'Anse au Cotard ...
So far, we have found very little information about L'Anse au Cotard. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added L'Anse au Cotard to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with L'Anse au Cotard, please Contact Us.
L'Anse au Cotard was located on the southeast coast of Labrador (on the Gulf of Saint Lawrence at the Strait of Belle Isle).
We aren't confident of the location of L'Anse au Cotard, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where L'Anse au Cotard was located is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT).
Note: While L'Anse au Cotard is in the Newfoundland Time Zone and observes daylight saving time, the area just to the west is in the Atlantic Standard Time Zone (AST) and does not..
If L'Anse au Cotard still existed, it would have been in the (709) area code.
Communities near L'Anse au Cotard ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near L'Anse au Cotard.
- L'Anse au Loup
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for L'Anse au Loup
- L'Anse au Loup lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of L'Anse au Cotard
- L'Anse au Loup has also been known as:
- Anse au Loup
- Jump to Google Maps centered on L'Anse au Loup
- Anchor Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchor Point
- Anchor Point lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchor Point
- Flowers Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lourdes de Blanc Sablon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lourdes de Blanc Sablon
- Lourdes de Blanc Sablon lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of L'Anse au Cotard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lourdes de Blanc Sablon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lourdes de Blanc Sablon
- Lourdes des Blanc Sablon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lourdes des Blanc Sablon
- Lourdes des Blanc Sablon lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lourdes des Blanc Sablon
- Buckles Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buckles Point
- Buckles Point lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckles Point
- Job's Room
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Job's Room
- Job's Room lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Job's Room
- White House
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White House
- White House lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White House
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brador
- Brador lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northwest of L'Anse au Cotard
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brador
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about L'Anse au Cotard, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- L'Anse au Cotard) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for L'Anse au Cotard. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from L'Anse au CotardOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in L'Anse au Cotard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4187, Longitude: -57.0799 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|