Curious and Interesting Names Near Eddies Cove West ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bad Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bad Harbour
- Bad Harbour lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Eddies Cove West
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bad Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bad Harbour
- Bird Cove
- Hawkes Bay
- Plum Point
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Pond Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pond Cove
- Pond Cove lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Eddies Cove West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pond Cove
- Pound Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pound Cove
- Pound Cove lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Eddies Cove West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pound Cove
- Reefs Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reefs Harbour
- Reefs Harbour lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Eddies Cove West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reefs Harbour
- Shoal Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoal Cove
- Shoal Cove lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Eddies Cove West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoal Cove
- Spirity Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirity Cove
- Spirity Cove lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Eddies Cove West
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirity Cove
How Far From Eddies Cove West to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Eddies Cove West to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Eddies Cove West and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 927 miles [1,491.9 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Eddies Cove West to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 53 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 37 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,649 miles [7,481.8 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,373 miles [8,647 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,250 miles [5,230.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eddies Cove West. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eddies Cove West) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eddies Cove West. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Eddies Cove WestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eddies Cove West. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7493, Longitude: -57.1717 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Eddies Cove West to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 293.019 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 289.043 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 287.642 degrees.||