Curious and Interesting Names Near Bird Cove ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Duck Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Duck Cove
- Black Duck Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black Duck Cove
- Current Island - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Current Island
- Current Island was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Bird Cove
- Pigeon Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pigeon Cove
- Pigeon Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pigeon Cove
- Plum Point
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Pond Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pond Cove
- Pond Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pond Cove
- Pound Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pound Cove
- Pound Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pound Cove
- Reefs Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reefs Harbour
- Reefs Harbour lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reefs Harbour
- Shoal Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoal Cove
- Shoal Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Bird Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoal Cove
How Far From Bird Cove to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Bird Cove to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bird Cove and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 943 miles [1,517.6 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Bird Cove to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 54 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 37 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,632 miles [7,454.5 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,356 miles [8,619.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,233 miles [5,203 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bird Cove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bird Cove) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bird Cove. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bird CoveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bird Cove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0536, Longitude: -56.9280 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bird Cove to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 292.737 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 288.802 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 287.225 degrees.||