Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Stady, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Stady and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Stady:
- 48.720652, -103.706184
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Stady
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Stady ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Sheridan County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Stady
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Antelope<3>
- Bounty [Divide County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bounty
- Bounty [Divide County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Stady
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bounty have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bounty
- Comertown [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comertown
- Comertown [Sheridan County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Stady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comertown
- Hamlet [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamlet
- Hamlet [Williams County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Stady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamlet
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hanks [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanks
- Hanks [Williams County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Stady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanks
- Juno [Divide County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juno
- Juno [Divide County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Stady
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Juno have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juno
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ratcliffe
- Ratcliffe lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Stady
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ratcliffe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ratcliffe
- Reserve [Sheridan County]
- Springbrook [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook [Williams County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the south of Stady
- Population from the 2020 Census: 41 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Wildrose [Williams County]
How Far From Stady to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Stady to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<5> community of Stady once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Stady and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Crosby, which is the Seat of Divide County and lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Stady to Crosby, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Bismarck, which is the State Capital of North Dakota, lies 189 miles [304.2 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,481 miles [2,383.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,321 miles [10,172.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,089 miles [11,408.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,069 miles [8,157.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of North Dakota
About Divide County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stady) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stady. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from StadyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stady. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7207, Longitude: -103.7062 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Stady, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Stady to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.043 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.45 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.81 degrees.||