Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Drady, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Drady and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Drady:
- 48.151953, -101.425720
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Drady
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Drady ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Donnybrook [Ward County]
- Forfar [Bottineau County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forfar have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forfar
- Forfar [Bottineau County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Drady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forfar
- Glenburn [Renville County]
- Hartland [Ward County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartland have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartland
- Hartland [Ward County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Drady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartland
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Lonetree [Ward County]
- Prairie Junction [Mountrail County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prairie Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prairie Junction
- Prairie Junction [Mountrail County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Drady
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prairie Junction
- Rising [McHenry County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rising
- Rising [McHenry County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Drady
- Roseglen [McLean County]
- Voltaire [McHenry County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Voltaire have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Voltaire
- Voltaire [McHenry County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Drady
- Estimated population in 2019: 45 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Voltaire
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Voltaire<2>
How Far From Drady to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Drady to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Drady and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Minot, which is the Seat of Ward County and lies just to the Northeast.
- Bismarck, which is the State Capital of North Dakota, lies 97 miles [156.1 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Drady to Bismarck, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,369 miles [2,203.2 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 54 days and walking would take 78 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,294 miles [10,129.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,060 miles [11,362 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,023 miles [8,083.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of North Dakota
About Ward County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Drady. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Ward County: www.co.ward.nd.us/
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Drady) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Drady. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.1520, Longitude: -101.4257 In this case, the coordinates for Drady have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Drady to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 324.299 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 323.398 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.552 degrees.||