Welcome to Dodge ...
The city of Dodge is located in Dunn County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Dodge has a population of 99 people<2> (see below for details).
Dodge was established in 1915.
The community of Dodge is 1,990 feet [607 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Dodge lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel south from Dodge (for example, toward Hebron), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
The area code for Dodge: (701)
The ZIP code for Dodge: 58625<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Dodge had an population of 99 people. This is an increase of 13.79% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 20.8% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Dodge had a population of 87 people. This makes Dodge the county's 8th most populous community.
The population of Dodge represents 0.01% of the total population of North Dakota (which has 672,591 people), making it the state's 289th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 87 people, the population of Dodge decreased 30.4% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 125 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Dodge.
Communities Also Named Dodge ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Dodge - they are located in Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dodge.
Communities near Dodge ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dodge.
- Zap [Mercer County]
- Halliday [Dunn County]
- Golden Valley [Mercer County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Golden Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Valley
- Golden Valley [Mercer County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the east of Dodge
- Estimated population in 2019: 163 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Golden Valley<6>
- Marshall [Dunn County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Twin Buttes [Dunn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Buttes
- Twin Buttes [Dunn County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the north of Dodge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Buttes
- Beaver Creek [Mercer County] - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Beaver Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek [Mercer County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Dodge
- Red Butte [Mercer County] - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Red Butte. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Butte
- Red Butte [Mercer County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the north of Dodge
- Beulah [Mercer County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beulah have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beulah
- Beulah [Mercer County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Dodge
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,139 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beulah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beulah<6>
- Dunn Center [Dunn County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dunn Center have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunn Center
- Dunn Center [Dunn County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the west of Dodge
- Estimated population in 2019: 191 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunn Center
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dunn Center<6>
- Elbowoods [McLean County] - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Elbowoods. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elbowoods
- Elbowoods [McLean County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the north of Dodge
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Dodge. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Dodge.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Dodge. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dodge.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Dodge. See our Newspapers Page for Dodge.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dodge ...
Looking for more information about Dodge? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Dodge, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Dodge.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in North Dakota
About Dunn County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dodge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of North Dakota's counties, including Dunn, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Dodge.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dodge - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Dodge). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Dodge or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dodge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dodge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dodge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dodge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.3055, Longitude: -102.2022
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|