Welcome to Renova ...
Renova is located in Jefferson County<1>.
The location of Renova has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Renova is 4,370 feet [1,332 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Renova is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Renova lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Renova: (406)
Communities Also Named Renova ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Renova - they are located in Minnesota, Mississippi and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Renova.
Communities near Renova ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Renova.
- Whitehall [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitehall
- Whitehall [Jefferson County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Renova
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,160 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitehall have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitehall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Whitehall<5>
- Pipestone Hot Springs [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pipestone Hot Springs
- Pipestone Hot Springs [Jefferson County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Renova
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pipestone Hot Springs
- Cardwell [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cardwell
- Cardwell [Jefferson County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Renova
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cardwell have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cardwell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cardwell<5>
- Jefferson Island [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jefferson Island
- Jefferson Island [Madison County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the east of Renova
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jefferson Island
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mammoth [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mammoth
- Mammoth [Madison County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Renova
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mammoth
- Silver Star [Madison County]
- Strawberry [Madison County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strawberry
- Strawberry [Madison County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Renova
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Strawberry. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Pony [Madison County] - Historic
- Harrison [Madison County]
- Highland City [Silver Bow County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highland City
- Highland City [Silver Bow County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Renova
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Highland City have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Renova. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Renova.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Renova. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Renova.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Renova. See our Newspapers Page for Renova.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Renova ...
Looking for more information about Renova? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Renova, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Renova.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Montana
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Renova. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.co.jefferson.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Jefferson, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Renova - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Renova) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Renova. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.8155, Longitude: -112.1278 In this case, the coordinates for Renova have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|