Welcome to Raymond ...
Raymond is located in Sheridan County<1>.
Raymond is 2,290 feet [698 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Raymond is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Raymond lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel east from Raymond (for example, toward Crosby (ND)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
Raymond is within the (406) area code.
Communities Also Named Raymond ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two Montana communities named Raymond: This one is located in Sheridan County and the other is located in Chouteau County.
Beyond Montana, there are 36 communities that are also named Raymond - they are located in Alberta, Arkansas, California (2), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana (2), Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas (2), Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Raymond.
Communities near Raymond ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Raymond.
- Plentywood [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plentywood
- Plentywood [Sheridan County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Raymond
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,712 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plentywood have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plentywood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plentywood<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minton
- Minton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Raymond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Minton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Minton<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gladmar
- Gladmar lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the north of Raymond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gladmar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gladmar
- Outlook [Sheridan County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Regway
- Regway lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Raymond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Regway
- Antelope [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Sheridan County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Raymond
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Antelope<5>
- Comertown [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comertown
- Comertown [Sheridan County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Raymond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Comertown
- Daleview [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daleview
- Daleview [Sheridan County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Raymond
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daleview
- Redstone [Sheridan County]
- Big Muddy - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Muddy
- Big Muddy was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Raymond
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Big Muddy. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Raymond. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Raymond.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Raymond. See our Newspapers Page for Raymond.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Raymond ...
Looking for more information about Raymond? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Raymond, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Raymond.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Montana
About Sheridan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Raymond. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sheridan County: www.co.sheridan.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Sheridan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Raymond - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Raymond) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Raymond. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RaymondOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Raymond. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8771, Longitude: -104.5802 |
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|