Welcome to Redstone ...
Redstone is located in Sheridan County<1>.
Redstone is 2,100 feet [640 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Redstone lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Redstone and travel east, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
Redstone lies within the (406) area code.
The ZIP code for Redstone: 59257<3>
Communities Also Named Redstone ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Redstone - they are located in British Columbia, Colorado, Michigan (2), New Hampshire, New Mexico, Pennsylvania (2) and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Redstone.
Communities near Redstone ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Redstone.
- Plentywood [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plentywood
- Plentywood [Sheridan County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Redstone
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,712 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plentywood have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plentywood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plentywood<6>
- Flaxville [Daniels County]
- Outlook [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Outlook
- Outlook [Sheridan County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Redstone
- Population from the 2020 Census: 46 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Outlook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Outlook<6>
- Daleview [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daleview
- Daleview [Sheridan County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Redstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daleview
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Whitetail [Daniels County]
- Big Muddy - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Muddy
- Big Muddy was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Redstone
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Big Muddy. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Raymond [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Regway
- Regway lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Redstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Regway
- Scobey [Daniels County]
- Big Beaver
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Beaver
- Big Beaver lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Redstone
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Beaver
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Redstone. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Redstone.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Redstone. See our Newspapers Page for Redstone.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Redstone ...
Looking for more information about Redstone? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Redstone, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Redstone.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Sheridan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Redstone. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sheridan County: www.co.sheridan.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Sheridan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Redstone - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Redstone). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Redstone or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Redstone) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Redstone. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RedstoneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Redstone. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8208, Longitude: -104.9450 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|